JOIN OUR TEAM
mini mioche is a market leading ethically and sustainably-made children’s apparel and lifestyle brand based in downtown Toronto. All mini mioche clothing is made transparently from start to finish in Canada. The mini mioche brand specializes in creating super soft, high-quality unisex wardrobe essentials that make little ones look and feel great. Since the brand’s inception over a decade ago, it’s become a go-to for influencers and celebrities alike. The company has been featured on the Canadian Business Growth500 list of Canada’s Fastest Growing companies for the past three consecutive years (2016-2018).
mini mioche is looking for a dynamic, articulate and numbers-driven thinker to join our growing team. This position requires a careful balance of analytical and business skills and will be a fundamental role in supporting our growth and expansion.
Reporting to the President, you will be responsible for all the financial and operational reporting for the company. This includes working on annual budgets, managing AR/AP, assisting the Purchasing and Planning Department in their budgets, and overseeing all matters relating to finance and accounting. This person will play a critical role in translating numbers into qualitative analysis and commentary for management. This position is responsible for translating the what into the how and why.
mini mioche looks for teammates that are ambitious, filled with ideas, honest, fun, high-energy and excited to be a part of the next phase of the company’s growth as a leading sustainable and ethical children’s apparel brand.
- QuickBooks Online expertise is a must
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong communication skills (written/verbal)
- Proven leadership abilities
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills who can interact with people at all levels in the organization
- A keen business sense, detail-oriented with strong planning and organization skills
- An inquisitive analytical nature with proactive and insightful problem-solving skills
- Solid financial and managerial accounting skills (accounting operations, payroll, internal controls, policies and procedures)
- Manage all aspects of full cycle accounting, including accounts payable and receivable, payroll and sales tax reporting and remittance
- Prepare complete, timely and accurate financial reporting for monthly, quarterly and annual periods
- Provide timely year-end financial statements to external accounting firms for tax purposes
- Timely reporting and maintenance of HST/GST and sales tax by province/state
- Review and produce period end variance analysis reports and collaborate with the President to explain the variances
- Identify and develop best practice cash management policies and practices.
- Provide Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reports to the senior leaders on a weekly and monthly basis
- Proactively monitor progress and keep the Founder/President and leadership team abreast of the overall financial status.
- As a subject matter expert, focus on partnering with the functional leaders/teams in developing financial solutions that successfully and consistently support goals/objectives. This includes documenting and maintaining complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions; establish guidelines for/building budget/forecast preparation and leading the annual audit and planning process.
- Recommend new procedures, instructions and system modifications to improve the efficiency, timeliness, accuracy and completeness of financial accounting practices
- Advise on/create tools/technology that create efficiencies in the organization.
- Lead the review and analysis of annual budgets in conjunction with management
- Maintain working knowledge of general human resources guidelines
- Accounting/Finance experience – minimum of 5 years
- University degree in finance/accounting/business is a must
- A minimum of 2 years of QuickBooks Online experience
- Experience in apparel and/or a physical product company preferred
- Strong Excel skills
- Complete discretion with sensitive information, both within the company and externally
- Commitment to accuracy, attention to detail and follow-through
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and confidence in presenting to key stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial setting; strong willingness to affect change with an understanding of the unique challenges encountered in small businesses
- Exceptional relationship and interpersonal skills: courtesy, tact, patience and strong team orientation
- Loves working in a creative, non-corporate environment
- A strong sense of curiosity – always questioning, always probing, and never blindly accepting
- A “can-do” attitude – always willing to roll up the sleeves and do what needs to be done
- An ability to roll with the punches in an ever-changing environment
- A positive attitude, enthusiasm and appreciation for a creative company
How to apply:
Please apply with your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working with mini mioche, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.