All mini mioche clothing & accessories are made in accordance with the company’s values:
In an industry dominated by production in low wage countries, ‘MADE IN CANADA’ is something rarely seen on the origin label of any fashion product. Each and every piece of mini mioche is designed and manufactured in Canada.
Our product is made in a safe, clean factory environment by skilled seamspeople who are paid a fair living wage. mini mioche also believes you should be able to buy stylish, comfortable and affordable fashion for your little one without harming the
environment, which is why all of our products are made with organic cotton or other eco-friendly fabrics. mini mioche organic cotton is a more environmentally friendly option over conventional cotton clothing lines – which typically use chemicals and farming processes that are harmful to the environment.
Other ways we aim to leave as little carbon footprint as possible:
- All of our printed materials, from hang tags to catalogs, are printed on 100% recycled materials.
- We use water based or discharge prints for our graphics.
- We use re-usable and low-impact dyes for our fabrics.
- We do not ship our retail customers’ product in plastic bags, as the vast majority of apparel manufacturers do – we skip the extra packaging wherever possible.
mini mioche core values:
- Clothing that is ethically and locally made in a way that is not harmful to the environment or our little ones.
- Clothing that looks great but also stands the test of time in terms of both style and quality.
- Clothing that kids love to wear because it is so soft and comfy.
mini mioche opened its first retail location in 2010 in downtown Toronto and opened its second location in Toronto's historic Distillery District in April 2013. The collection is also available for sale globally through the mini mioche online store and through select boutiques across North America.
About the Designer:
Alyssa Kerbel founded mini mioche in 2008 after giving birth to her first child and realizing how difficult it was to find great baby basics and layering pieces for infants – especially in neutral colours and without ugly patterns or graphics splashed across the front.
Noticing a niche in the marketplace that needed to be filled, she immediately set out to
design and produce the best line of organic baby basics. With eight years experience in the wholesale fashion industry (Alyssa also owns a fashion sales agency based in Toronto www.alyssaagency.ca
), Alyssa knows great fabrics, fits and good clean styling.